Request Records from the Department of Licensing
In order to receive the best service, please follow the information below.
If none of these apply to you, please proceed by clicking the Make Request button.
If you need technical support with NextRequest check out these topics to find answers to common questions!
*An account will be created for you when you submit your first request on a portal.
To obtain another person’s WA Driving record:
- Attorney or representing an attorney's office, and need to request driver documents for litigation or in anticipation of litigation, please click here.
- Law enforcement requests for driver records must be made in our investigative records portal: https://wadolinvestigate.nextrequest.com/
- If you need an abstract of a driver record, please click here.
- If you need an address history from a driver's record, please click here.
Vehicle and Vessel Records
- Individuals requesting WA vehicle and vessel record(s), please click here.
- Businesses requesting WA vehicle and vessel record(s), please click here.
- Law enforcement, justice/attorney, or government entity in need of vehicle or vessel records, please click here.
Contracted Plate Search (formerly IVIPS)
Contracted Plate Search is a way for qualified business and government users to search and view Washington state vehicle and vessel records. You can search by VIN, license plate number, boat Hull ID number (HIN), boat WN number, or registered owner name.
- To submit a contracted plate search request, please click here.
- If you need to sign up for a contracted plate search account or would like to know more, please click here.
Data and Statistics
You can make a request for customized reports or statistics (example: Number of Hondas in King County). We provide information to governmental entities, private business, and individuals as allowed under federal and state laws. Please note that certain requirements exist for all requests and that contracts, audits, and fees may apply.
- If you need to request customized data sets or would like to know more, please click here.
- DOL regularly publishes statistics about drivers, vehicles, and professional licenses. You can view these reports by visiting this page: http://www.dol.wa.gov/about/data.html
For technical support, please call 1-833-698-7778, option 3.
requests and counting.