ALERT! LAW ENFORCEMENT READ HERE: You can copy and paste the items below into the free form text box on the left. For all of your requests, the following elements are REQUIRED:
- Reason for this request
- If investigating a criminal offense, what is the statutory authority (RCW, USC, state statute for the crime, if applicable)
- Specific items you are requesting
- If this is a civil enforcement case, please state that in your request
We recently revised our process for fulfilling law enforcement requests for vehicle information. The new process places an emphasis on strictly adhering to the Governor’s Executive Order 17-01 and as a result, all requests undergo a rigorous review process. If your request does not contain the information listed above, it will take us additional time to process the request.
Special requirements for individuals and businesses requesting vehicle records. Please attach the completed form. Ensure your information includes the following:
- Year, make, model, plate and/or VIN of the vehicle(s).
- Is the vehicle in your possession? If yes, how did you obtain it?
- Owner name/address, if known.
- What records you are requesting (report of sale, current owner, title history, etc.)
- How will you use the records?
- If you are a business, please include a copy of your business license showing active status.
- If you are an attorney or private investigator, please include a copy of your bar card (or a copy of your current bar status) or private investigator license.
- If you are a private party, you will need to provide us with your full name and address.
- If you are a CPS customer, please include your contract number.
Exporters and shipping agents: You must provide a copy of your current business license. Please use the "Choose Files" button to add this document. You must also provide a bill of sale for each vehicle in your request and a power of attorney from the person or business named on the bill of sale.
The availability of some records is based on permissible use. By providing us with information about how you will use the records, we will be able to determine what level of access we are legally allowed to give to you. The more specific you are, the better we will be able to help.